Guidelines for Reporting Hubs
How You Can Help HubPages
We have have been working really hard to make sure that HubPages continues to be the best place to publish online.
If you're reading a Hub and notice any of the issues discussed below, please report it and our moderation team will review the Hub. We greatly appreciate all the help from fellow Hubbers that report Hubs that are against our Terms of Service!
More Ways to Help
When to Report Hubs
No one likes to see spammy, offensive, and inappropriate content on HubPages and we need your help in keeping the quality of Hubs as high as possible. All you need to do to help is click the "report this Hub" link, as shown below, on any Hub that you feel should be removed from HubPages for any of the following reasons:
- Overly Promotional: Includes more than two links to any one domain; links to the same domain in the body of the text and in an RSS feed; has short "teasers" with links to "read more" at another site; links to sites/pages/Hubs that are unrelated to the Hub's topic; includes links to a page that contains largely the same content as the Hub.
- Overmarketed/Poor Links: Promotional links that are difficult for users to navigate, e.g., sites that contain pop-ups or pop-unders; affiliate links in subject areas with low quality content (weight loss, acai berry, forex); and links to eBook sales and lead capture forms.
- Adult/Mature: Nudity, sexually explicit content or links to adult or pornography sites
- Gambling/Alcohol, Drug, Weapon Sales: Promotes gambling, alcohol, drug, or weapon sales or links to sites that promote or offer these items.
When NOT to Report Hubs
- When images lack attribution information (this is not a violation)
- When an image has been used in violation of copyright (we cannot typically verify this, so it is up to each Hubber to ensure he or she is using images properly and to accept the legal ramifications of violating others' copyright)
- When you don't like the opinion shared in the Hub
- When you think this Hub is just not a very good article (though it is not bad enough to be considered Overly Promotional or Poorly Structured)
- When the Hub is unattractive (e.g. all bold or all underlined), but its unattractive does not technically interfere with readability
- When a Hub is potentially duplicate but more than a week old. We can rarely act on duplicate reports on Hubs more than a week or so old unless the content copied from a given external site has a clear date stamp (We can't be confident about whether the Hub was copied or copied from without it).
- Low Quality: Hubs that are empty or nearly empty; purely personal; awkward or difficult to read formatting; broken links, images, or videos; watermarked or pixelated images (see examples to the right); excessive Amazon Capsules; comprised of text that already appears elsewhere on the web; contributes nothing new to an already heavily saturated topic; links to sites that are difficult to navigate; or promotes dubious products or offers (watch TV on your PC).
- Spun: Hubs that have been reworded by using an article spinner or automated translation tool; are nonsensical and difficult to read
- Deceptively Tagged, Titled, or Categorized: Contains misleading title or tags that don’t match the Hub’s content; includes irrelevant, or excessive tagging, and keyword stuffing; or is improperly categorized.
- Not Written In English: Primarily written in a language other than English
- Duplicate: You believe the text content of this Hub was copied from another Hub or source.
- Personal Attacks or Hate Speech: A Hub that attacks individuals or groups in a Hub or in the Comments Section of the Hub.
What *is* a Pixelated / Watermarked Image, Anyway?
How to Report Hubs
More by this Author
Warnings may appear on Hubs to give you a heads up about potential problems. This guide offers tips on resolving those issues quickly and efficiently.
Online writing style guide and helpful tips to create a consistent, professional Hub.
One of the perks of HubPages is that you can earn a passive income from high-quality, media-rich articles you publish on the site. Here's how.