Accolades and Special Recognition
Accolades are awarded to active Hubbers and community members. In this overview, we will cover what Accolades are, as well as:
A Few of the HubPages Accolades
What are Accolades?
Accolades are badges that appear on your Profile that share many different achievements you can reach on HubPages. Some show certain milestone achievements (Hubs, traffic, fans, Questions asked, Answers posted, and other quantifiable markers):
- Hub views: (1,000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000, 10,000,000, and 100,000,000)
- Followers: (100, 300, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, and 10,000)
- Hubs: (10, 50, 100, 300, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, and 10,000)
- Years on HubPages: (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10)
- Questions made: (50, 100, 300, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, and 10,000)
- Questions answered: (10, 50, 100, 300, 500, and 1,000)
- Best Answers: Answers you have given that are marked as 'Best Answers' by the Hubber who asked the Question (10, 50, 100, 300, 500, and 1,000)
Others celebrate different ways people contribute to the site (and come and go depending on your engagement with the community and readers' engagement with your Hubs):
- Popular: popular among readers, as measured by feedback to their Hubs (black trophy)
- Great Discussion Starter: Hubs start great discussions in the comments (blue quotation marks)
- Great Commenter: leaves many insightful comments on other users' Hubs (red speech bubble); is affected by the number, as well as the length, of comments you have left on Hubs over the past six or so months, and puts added emphasis on the comments you leave on others' Hubs
- Great HubPages Citizen: contributes to the community by helping our new users in the Forums, voting and/or flagging inappropriate content for our moderators (pink thumbs up/down)
- Engaging Writer: writes particularly engaging Hubs which visitors love to read from start to finish (yellow hourglass)
- Hubbie Award Winner: For winners of our annual Hubbie Awards.
Yikes! One of my Accolades Disappeared!
Don't worry! The 'Popular', 'Great Discussion Starter', 'Great Commenter', 'Great HubPages Citizen' and 'Engaging Writer' Accolades come and go based on your activity (and readers' engagement with your Hubs) over the past couple of months.
If you have been away for a while, these Accolades may fade away, but rest assured they will return as you become active on the site once more.
How To Edit Your Accolades Settings
If you don't want these publicly displayed on your Profile, or if you don't even want to see them privately, go to My Account > Profile where you can opt to show the Accolades and Hub-level Feedback to everyone, just to you, or to nobody at all (you can completely remove them).
To adjust Accolades display settings...
- Go to your My Account > Profile tab
- Scroll down below your bio until you see the checkboxes related to your accolades and stats about praise
- Check boxes for whatever settings you like
- Click the "Save Changes" button
- Do a little dance, because you're all done, and it was so easy!!
Accolades Settings in My Profile
FAQ Entry on Accolades
For more information on all of the accolades and their requirements, visit our FAQ entry!
Hubbie Award Accolades for Popular Hubbers
Starting in 2011, HubPages has hosted the Hubbie Awards each year around HubPages' birthday in early August.
The Hubbie Awards are designed to enable the community to nominate and vote for their favorite Hubbers and Hubs. The winners are awarded with Hubbie Accolades- the rarest Accolades on HubPages.com.
Typical Hubbie Award categories address both Hubs and Hubbers and include:
- Forum King
- Forum Queen
- Best All-Around Hub
- Best All-Around Hubber
- Most Helpful Hubber
- Best Avatar
- Most Interesting Hub
- Most Beautiful Hub
- Funniest Hub
To make sure you do not miss this year's Hubbies, be sure to follow the HubPages Blog.
Previous Hubbie Award Winners
More by this Author
How Topic Pages, Forums, Questions, and Answers reinforce Hubs and the HubPages community (plus tips on using these features to your best advantage)
The Quality Assessment Process determines which of these Hubs end up being showcased on Hubs and Topic Pages and made available to search engines. These Hubs are known as Featured Hubs.
One of the perks of HubPages is that you can earn a passive income from high-quality, media-rich articles you publish on the site. Here's how.